Overview | Side effects | How to prevent | Detox diet | Constipation | Benefits | References
Did you drink celery juice on an empty stomach and think you have a problem?
Many people are surprised to learn that a trendy cleanse causes a reaction. It is just…celery juice. There are many benefits to a healthy lifestyle. What could possibly go wrong? Why aren’t people talking about the side effects of all these testimonials and celebrities?
Celery Juice Detox, Is There Anything Wrong With My Body?
No, it is not your fault. It is an example of health fads that are popular on the internet and spread quickly.
Anthony William’s medical medium book made the celery juice cleanse a sensation. Everybody was talking about this miracle juice that heals everything. There is another side of the story that is less glamorous.
There are also side effects to the benefits of celery juice. The good news is that you can prevent the symptoms with a few basic steps, which will be covered in the review.
Also, it’s time to demystify the detox reaction.
You don’t need to have symptoms of the disease when you cleanse. They are not a sign that you are doing anything. Your body releases too much toxins at a fast pace, which can be dangerous. You might be feeling unwell.
You can be sensitive to the ingredients if you choose that option. In our case, it was the celery. Your goal with any cleanse or juice should be to make you feel better, not to make you feel worse.
- Skin rash, acne
- There are issues with the bicyle, in particular: gas, diarrhea, and bloated stomachs.
- Feeling tired
- Flu-like symptoms
Drinking Celery Juice Is Not The Same As Eating Celery
The challenge is to drink 16 ounces of celery juice on an empty stomach every morning for a week. To make that much juice, you need one large bunch of celery. About 1 pound, 8 or 9 medium ribbed celery stalks, in other words.
The difference between eating and drinking is very large. There are many benefits to drinking a quick acting juice form. The food can act as a powerful medicine here. A lot of people can’t eat the same amount of food every day.
What Does the Celery Juice Cleanse Do?
The fiber is removed when you make the juice from it. You end up with a liquid that contains most of the vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients. Your body can absorb more vitamins and minerals from juice if the fiber slows down the digestion and release of vitamins.
Now, the question is whether your body needs that much “medicine” so quickly. Some of these medicinal properties can nourish the body. Others, may kill bacteria, parasites, or release toxins. In other words, “cleanse”.
Similarly to other juices such as wheatgrass, this cleansing effect can benefit you in many way, but, can also cause detox symptoms.
Prevent Celery Juice Detox Symptoms (and Boost Your Health)
There are five ways to prevent side effects of your cleanse from happening.
1. Clean your diet
The following plan can do more than just prevent a reaction. You can change your life. We guarantee that it will do more to your health than a single glass of celery juice.
We would like to see more challenges that involve this type of eating. It is not very glamorous, sexy, or viral.
Many people are surprised to find out how good their diet is when they clean it. Not only do they feel better, they start to enjoy the taste of real simple whole foods without all the added ingredients.
The cleaner your diet is, the less toxins you will have. There is less chance of a reaction to something. Take full advantage of natural remedies, such as celery juice. The negative effects of the diet are not something that can be worried about.
Just like it doesn’t make sense to smoke and takeAntioxidants, you don’t want to juice and do all these healthy things on one hand, but keep putting junk into your body.
It’s time to take an honest look into the health and wellness of our nation.
Despite all the advances in modern medicine, people are sicker than ever. In fact, almost 50% of the U.S. population use prescription drugs. If you think it’s only elderly people, think again. Almost 20% of children under age 12 years use prescription drugs.
The standard american diet is one of the reasons for the problem. There is a link between modern diet and chronic disease, health issues and mental illnesses. Our body takes a toll on it’s body from all the processed foods, artificial chemicals and other toxins. It is a huge burden that our entire system has to deal with. The body needs to function properly if processed foods lack essential vitamins.
So, as a first step, a week before you start the celery juice detox, remove the top toxins from your diet. In particular:
- Food and beverages that have been processed.
- Refined sugars, in particular: high-fructose corn syrup (read the label of your “healthy” energy bars or drinks. The average American consumes 150 pounds of sugar in one year. Can you believe it? This means 3 pounds of sugar every week.
- Proceed grains, cereals. Again, these are not healthy foods. Just look at the list of the ingredients and see how many of them are actually foods.
- Fried foods
- Processed or commercial meat. These poor animals! Not only they are often treated poorly and are kept in horrible conditions, they are also fed with a diet that contains hormones, antibiotics, and chemicals to make them grow quicker. Quicker growth means more money for these industries but, when you eat the meat, you also consume all these toxins.
- Limit gluten and dairy. Most people can’t tolerate at least one of them. As a result, you may end up with inflammation in the gut and body. And easy way to tell is to limit them for a few weeks. If you have dairy or gluten sensitivity, expect to feel a big difference after you eliminate these.
- Eat from the rainbow. Plenty of colorful fresh whole fruits, vegetables and dark leafy greens. Each color in plants represents a different plant pigment that offers different nutrients and antioxidants. As a good rule of thumb, vegetables and greens should take three quarters of your plate.
- Fiber. Did you know that fiber can bind to certain toxins in the gut and also supports healthy bowel movements? Simply put, fiber is one of the best natural ingredients to detox your body! The fiber intake recommendations range from 19 grams to 38 grams per day. On average, 30 grams for men and 25 grams for women (from whole foods, not supplements) is a great place to start.
An easy way to boost your fiber intake: eat one medium avocado (13 grams fiber), and 1 oz of chia seeds soaked in water (10 grams fiber) everyday.
2. Eat celery a week before you drink celery juice
We know that the taste of whole celery is better than the taste of juice. If you have a reaction to it, you want to start eating it first. This safe approach can save you a lot of trouble if you consume the fast acting concentrated juice form.
Start with a few ribbed celery stalks and see how you feel over the next couple of days. The stalks with carrots are a great snack. Use humus or salsa as a dipping sauce.
3. Address Constipation
The following tip is applicable to any cleanse, not just the one that involves celery juice. Before you start, it is important that you regulate your bowels.
If your colon is constipated, my stay in your body will be longer. Some of the toxins can be absorbed back into the circulation.
It is so easy to prevent. There are some useful home remedies for the problem of constipation.
- Overnight colon cleanse (with apple cider vinegar, lemon, oxygen).
There is a problem. Natural oxygen can be released in your colon to remove colon waste. The waste is flushed out through the normal channels. Your body can eliminate toxins quicker because of this. It is recommended to minimize or prevent the symptoms of a celery juice cleanse.
4. How much celery juice should you drink a day? go low and slow
Everyone has their own serving size that works best for them. A male and female may need different amounts. Some people have more toxins in their bodies than others. The ability of the body to eliminate toxins can be influenced by genetics.
Go low and slow, so that you don’t get hurt. Start with a small amount and work your way up to get rid of the symptoms. For example:
- An empty stomach will allow you to drink 1 oz of juice. Did you notice any of the symptoms of the celery juice cleanse? Maybe it is better to listen and respect your body if that is the case. Your body may not agree with the juice you are drinking.
- If everything goes well the next day, you should increase the size to 2 ounces. Listen to your body, stop if you experience a reaction, or double the amount. The next day you can go from 2 ounces to 4 ounces.
- Continue with the protocol and be aware of how you feel after drinking the celery juice. Did you feel more refreshed from 8 ounces compared to 2 ounces, or did you feel a little tired and lightheaded?
- It is always the first thing in the morning on an empty stomach.
- You should stop until you feel like you have enough juice.
5. Use organic celery
A list of fruits and vegetables that are exposed to the most pesticides have been published by the Environmental Working Group. It is better to avoid these if you can’t find them organically.
As of 2020, celery is on that list. When you make celery juice, you filter the fiber, but do you also remove the pesticides? It is not clear.
So, to minimize side effects due to a reaction to pesticides in the celery, it is much better to use organic celery.
On that note, it is best to educate yourself about pesticides in foods, and shop wisely. See the EWG’s complete report: Dirty dozen list.
Celery Juice Benefits
Some of the benefits of celery can be found in the medical literature. The data does not show that celery juice will heal these conditions. The studies found that the properties of celery can be used for medical purposes.
So, with that said, celery main medicinal properties includes:
Celery can prevent or help with:
- There are elevated levels of blood sugar and cholesterol.
- Cardiovascular diseases can be life threatening.
- Jaundice and liver function are related.
- There is obstruction of the urinary tract.
- Rheumatic disease
- Blood pressure
- There are chronic skin disorders that are caused by celery seeds.
Caffeic acid, p-coumaric acid, ferulic acid, apigenin, luteolin, saponin, and kaempferol are some of the main compounds found in Celery.
In Conclusion: Should I Do The Celery Juice Cleanse?
It is possible to use a powerful tool for health and wellbeing. The potential benefits of the juice are shown to be impressive. It can cause side effects, just like any medicine.
Hopefully, you will experience the benefits, if you use this information and safety guideline. The idea in any juice or cleanse is to compliment a healthy diet and lifestyle, not replace it.
We wish you all the best in your journey to better health, and hope that you find this review helpful.
- The United States had prescription drug use in the year 2015.
- The America’s Fiber Intake Gap is closing.
- There have been advances in the research of a vegetable crop.
- There is a review of the Antioxidant Activity of Celery.
Get our health & wellness newsletter
Leave this field empty if you’re human:
We will not send you a message that is offensive. You can stop being added at any time.
I don’t have an email address.
Thank you for subscribing!