Dr Oz: The Rainbow Juice Cleanse To Boost Energy
Dr Oz’s guest not only thinks that the colors of the rainbow can have healing properties, but she also jokingly claimed to have invented the Green Drink (Dr Oz was happy to spar with her over that distinction, but it actually predates them both). Ginger Southall, author of The Rainbow Juice Cleanse, claims the plan offers plenty of benefits, such as:
- more energy
- weight loss
- better digestion
- change in taste buds
- improved skin
- mental clarity
- emotional stability
Southall said he encourages people to juice vegetables, not fruit. She said that those who follow the program will benefit from increased levels of phytonutrients. At the beginning of the cleanse, you just start with one juice per day.
Dr Oz: Color Your Health with Juices
What colors of juice and ingredients are included in this rainbow?
- Red (Lycopene) – heart, prostate, cancer. A juice might include tomato and red bell pepper.
- Orange (Carotenoids) – immune function and body development. Ingredients include carrots and orange bell pepper.
- Yellow – good for eye health.
- Green – healthy cell function. Anything green you can imagine would fall into this category.
- Blue/Purple/Violet – boosts memory and protects brain. Ingredients may include cabbage and beets, among other options.
Audience members were invited to sample shots of each juice by Dr Oz. The ladies seemed to like the flavors of Yellow.
Dr Oz: Rainbow Juice Cleanse Ingredients
There is more to the plan than just vegetables. If you attempt this program, you will find some other elements.
- Lemon and Lime are the only fruits that you will find in the plan. Adding flavor and alkalinity can be done with them.
- There are some spices such as cinnamon.
- Cayenne Pepper
- Chia Seeds
Is it better to buy juice at the store than to make it yourself? Southall said that processed juice is a better choice than soda or coffee because of its health benefits. One advantage of making it at home is that it is not Pasteurized.
Cold-pressed or unpasteurized juices can be found for sale. Try not to add fruit or sugar to your food. Southall believes that juicing at home is the healthiest option.
Dr Oz: Blending Vs Juicing
Maybe you are worried about the logistics of juicing. A juicer can be expensive, and I promise you it is also a huge hassle to attempt to clean. But The Rainbow Juice Cleanse offers some other ways to sneak more nutrients and vegetables into your daily routine by just using a blender.
If you’re more interested in making a smoothie, consider a Green Cilantro Smoothie. You can either do this as a baby step or you can make meal ideas like this in addition to juicing. If you want to make a mashed potato substitute, pair cauliflower with Nutritional Yeast.
The ladies also enjoyed an Avocado Carob Powder Mousse for dessert, and there are plenty more food and dessert ideas in Southall’s new book, The Rainbow Juice Cleanse.