The argument is that a cleanse is pointless because the body always gets rid of toxins. Naturopaths and other alternative health care advocates use the term “medicinal removal of toxic substances” to describe the process of removal. For the purpose of getting past this inane sticking point, let’s redefine the term “detox” to mean a method to expel waste from the body at a significantly greater rate than what the body will remove without such aid.
I think that sounds pretty good. If you have a better definition, I would be happy to read it in the comments.
The words “fasting” and “detox” tend to be used interchangeably, despite the huge difference between them. Fasting is a severe restriction of calories, whereas the other is to facilitate the removal of toxins from the body. A fast may be a water fast where there is no food to eat, but it is typically a fast to eliminate all solid foods and drink a lot of fluids to flush out the body. The Master cleanse diet is a well-known example. The Master cleanse helps to cleanse the body, so it is a fast as well as a cleanse.
People wonder if a fast like a watermelon fast or a fast like a beets juice fast is right for them.
Benefits of Fasting to Detoxify
- Not eating is the easiest way to make sure you don’t feed the infections.
- It’s easier to enjoy healthy foods when you fast quickly because the taste buds are reset.
- A person can come off of a fast with more control over their eating if they are not eating for a while.
- With weight loss and food, fasting can change psychological barriers.
- Fasting can help start a weight loss diet.
- Juicing only or consuming fruits that are very easy to digest is often the best way to heal a severely compromised digestive system.
- Fasting can ensure that no foods or herbs are eaten that could affect the effects of the formula.
- Even with a very healthy diet, it is difficult for a toxic body to get rid of toxins. When a lot of fluids are consumed, fasting can help overcome this.
It is easier to restore one’s health by eliminating all foods, and then slowly adding produce and other foods into the diet as health improves, learning along the way which foods should be avoided and why, as opposed to simply learning what foods to avoid.
It’s great to be fast. It has a lot of the benefits of detoxifying, with additional benefits as well. Fasting is powerful when done correctly. For short periods of time, I recommend not to fast regularly.
If the person’s health isn’t too bad, introducing the right foods into the diet can aid in the process of detoxification.
Benefits to Detoxifying Without Fasting
I highly recommend eating while detoxifying. When made right, salads have amazing medicinal benefits. Try one with as many different vegetables as possible, from dandelion leaves to collard greens, and add a bunch of fresh garlic, lemon, and apple cider vinegar. Salads are the easiest way, in my experience, to digest a lot of raw garlic at once. Even if you don’t care for salads, after a fast, this sort of vegetable medley can be very appetizing. Check out 80% Raw Food Diet for more on that.
- It is possible to sustain a detoxification regimen longer when eating, which is important for ridding the body of many serious health problems.
- Many foods help the body in its detoxification process. Some of the great examples are garlic, cabbage, and cilantro.
- When eaten together, vegetable, spice, and herb benefits can have cumulative effects.
- It is easier to get a lot of nutrition and garlic into your body.
- Nutrition is better absorbed when the intestines are in good shape.
- The body can be regenerated with the help of the Enzymes found in fresh food.
The body is always expelling waste. A sick body and a sick body that is getting sick expel toxins slower than they accumulate them. A healthy body, or a body getting well, eliminates toxins at the same rate or more quickly than the body accumulates them. The right foods can help the body cleanse itself. The body can detoxify itself on its own if it gets enough nutrition. A healthy person who has practiced eating a healthy diet that focuses on fresh produce and eliminates toxic food almost always eliminates more toxins than accumulated. The people who do detoxify all the time are the ones pictured. Every now and then, some help can be given to increase the body’s ability to remove toxins from the environment.
Regardless, Get Nutrition
It is possible to restrict calories without limiting vitamins and minerals. Regardless of the protocol you choose, we recommend a good formula for vitamins and minerals. It can be difficult to get enough nutrition from our food in this day and age. A nutrition powder can affect the results in a positive way when you fast.
Make sure any detox you do addresses candida. If you’re looking for an inexpensive, and easy detox, click here, and see Make Your Own Nutrition Formula for a recipe, or check it out to see some of the best ingredients to look for when shopping for yours.