Millions of people around the globe struggle with alcohol addiction. When you try to distance yourself from the source of your dependence, you will experience withdrawal. Symptoms such as dizziness, nausea, headaches, and accelerated heartbeat are some of the most difficult parts of the alcohol withdrawal process. You could use some of the home remedies that are competent to help you get through an alcohol detoxification process. You will be able to cleanse your body of the typical alcoholism-related toxins with these, as they will make it easier to make it through the symptoms of withdrawal. We present to you the best of these treatments that are all natural and affordable to anyone with a smaller budget.
1. Milk Thistle
Milk thistle is great for dealing with the most common symptoms of withdrawal, such as nausea, dehydration, headaches, and more. It is also a treatment that has the best interests of your liver at heart. It has agents that protect it from absorbing the alcohol-related toxins that cause it so much damage.
- Using a mortar, crush 1 tablespoon of milk thistle seeds until you get a powdery paste.
- Add crushed milk thistle to a saucepan with 3 cups of water and bring it to a boil.
- Remove from heat when you bring the water to a boil.
- Everything should be steep for 20 minutes.
- You can drink this tea several times throughout the day if you strain it.
- If you want to get the best results, have this drink every day before you eat.
Some of the most common symptoms of withdrawal include nausea, headaches, dizziness, and stomach pain, so drink some dandelion tea. Dandelion is a famous herbal remedy and it has relaxing and soothing effects. It will help the regeneration and healing of tissue and protect your liver against further damage.
- Place 1 teaspoon of dried dandelion leaves and flowers in a cup.
- Next, put some water in the cup over the dried flowers.
- Allow the infusion to steep for a few minutes.
- Enjoy the tea while it is warm, then finish by straining.
- For the next few weeks, you should repeat this process three times a day.
The actions of alcohol can cause your stomach to suffer. Try goldenseal tea when you experience pain, inflammations, nausea, or other symptoms. Goldenseal is one of the best home remedies for alcohol and stomach related issues because of its soothing properties.
- Add 1 teaspoon of goldenseal powder to 1 cup of water.
- It should be steep for a few minutes and then strain, waiting for the solution to cool down.
- Put the mixture on the skin for 10 minutes and then pat it dry.
- Proper results and benefits can be achieved by repeating a few times per day.
The cravings are one of the most difficult things to deal with when you are going through a cleanse. What are you supposed to do when you just want a taste of that particular thing? Dates will provide your body with vitamins and minerals that are lost through alcohol consumption.
- Take 2 dry dates and then soak them in a glass of milk, leaving them to moisten up overnight.
- Before breakfast, eat the dates and drink the glass of milk.
- For the duration of the treatment, you should have about 3-4 glasses of this mixture a week.
5. Cayenne Pepper
For a number of reasons, cayenne peppers are one of the best home remedies for alcohol removal. Some of the most common symptoms associated with withdrawal include headaches and nausea, which can be soothed by the compound in the peppers called capsaicin. Secondarily, they are able to reduce cravings while not decreasing your appetite for food, thus ensuring that your body will fix its lost nutrition intake.
- To a glass of warm water, add 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper powder and 1 teaspoon of honey.
- Prepare instant cayenne pepper tea by stirring everything thoroughly.
- Drink 3 cups of this remedy every day for a week to cure your symptoms.
6. Apple Cider Vinegar
Your blood sugar levels are on the rise because of excessive alcohol consumption, but not many people are aware of this side effect, which is difficult to control or to predict. When you lay off the booze for a while, your blood sugar levels will go through a rapid drop which will make you want to drink more. The sugars in the blood are kept at a healthy level by apple cider vinegar in order to prevent the development of these cravings.
- Fill a glass with warm water and then blend in 2 tablespoons of organic apple cider vinegar.
- Adding honey to it will make it more enjoyable.
- For the next few weeks, drink this mixture every day.
7. Fennel Seeds
It’s important to hold some fennel next to you because dizziness and erratic breathing are associated with intense withdrawal episodes. It helps with circulation and reduces heartbeats, and it also opens up the airway to help with breathing difficulties.
- Boil some water and then add fennel seeds and crushed tea leaves to it.
- The mixture should be steep for a few minutes.
- A quarter cup of milk is required.
- While still warm, strain and drink the mixture.
- For the next few weeks or months, have this drink several times throughout the day.
The symptoms associated with an alcohol detox process are included in the Chinese medicine’s use of the herbal remedy of Kudzu. It’s purpose is to make it easier to deal with the side effects of this difficult process, thus helping to reduce cravings.
- Take an extract containing at least 30 to 40% kudzu at least twice every day.
- You can continue this treatment for a couple of months or you can go through the process for a long time.
9. Coconut Oil
Your body is subjected to great levels of stress when you are trying to undergo a regime of alcohol removal. Coconut oil is a good example of a home remedy that will help your brain resist the stress caused by chemical agents. It contains substances that will help the development of stress-causing compounds.
- Scoop 3 tablespoons of coconut oil and then warm it up in a microwave or in a warm water bath.
- Next, add the oil to a glass and then stir in the apple cider vinaigrette.
- For the duration of the treatment, you should have this mixture twice a day, in the morning and evening.
Many people use Basil whenever they need a treatment that will help them rid themselves of toxins. It will help keep the cravings associated with withdrawal periods in check by draining the toxins out of your blood. Basil is a treatment that you should definitely consider.
- The water should be brought to the boil.
- Add 2 teaspoons of basil leaves and cinnamon powder.
- Let the heat go down and then let the food cook for 20 minutes.
- Enjoy the tea while it is still warm, then strain the mixture.
- For one week, drink this solution daily.
Licorice is a traditional treatment that deals with nausea and stomach pain. If you follow the instructions below, you will be able to make a simple Licorice tea that will be one of the most reliable home remedies for alcohol detoxification.
- Bring the milk or water to the heat by pouring it into a pan.
- Let it boil for a few seconds and then add 1 teaspoon of licorice root.
- Take the heat out and let it brew for 5 minutes.
- Enjoy this solution in a cup of tea while it is still warm.
12. Evening Primrose
Since it can be difficult to deal with the symptoms of alcohol withdrawal, many people fall into depression. Evening primrose is a wonderful treatment that will give you some much-needed relaxation against the actions of stress chemical agents.
- Acquire some evening primrose oil
- Put a small amount of evening primrose oil into a cup after boiling a bit of water.
- Allow everything to steep for 5 minutes after covering the cup.
- Remove the cover and enjoy it while it is still warm.
- If you want to deal with the symptoms of withdrawal, you should have as many cups as you like.
13. Indian Ginseng
Indian ginseng is great for setting your mind to ease whenever anxiety and stress are difficult to cope with, and for other symptoms as well. Indian ginseng extract is one of the most reliable home remedies for alcohol detoxification because of its ability to help with headaches and stomach pain.
- If you want to get a daily intake of 100 to 200mg of Indian ginseng extract, you need to consume it twice a day: once in the morning and once in the evening.
- You should repeat this treatment for as long as you need it.
14. Bitter Gourd
It’s similar to dandelion in that it will help you keep your liver healthy and contribute to the regeneration and healing of damaged tissue. It is one of the best home remedies for alcohol detoxification because of its diuretic properties. It will help your body get rid of the toxins that cause the symptoms, so that you can get on the track to recovery much faster.
- Acquire some bitter gourd leaves and fruit and leave them to dry in a cool space for a week.
- You will get a finely textured powder after grinding the leaves and fruit.
- The bitter gourd powder can be added to a glass filled with the buttermilk.
- For however long you need to drink one glass of this daily remedy, mix everything thoroughly and then drink one glass.
Anyone who decides that enough is enough and starts undergoing a cleanse is deserving of all praise in the world. You need more than that, and that’s the home remedies that we’ve just mentioned that will help you through the symptoms and obstacles of alcohol addiction.