How to Detox Your Body Naturally at Home?
Our body is exposed to several chemical and biochemical toxins present in the food we take, water we drink and environment we live that are laden with heavy metals and chemicals. With more of toxic accumulation in the body, there arise some symptoms like fatigue, headaches, and fluctuations in weight, body odor, skin rashes, acne, hormonal disruption, congestion, and trouble with digestion, muscle aches, bad breath and also some inflammatory conditions like arthritis.
Though our body has the ability to naturally remove these loaded toxins so as to avoid health issues, one can prefer taking certain natural remedies along with the diet and lifestyle changes so as to improve this natural detoxification mechanism.
How to Detox Your Body Naturally at Home?
Natural Food and Drinks That Help Detox Your Body at Home:
The most common way to detoxify your body naturally at home is by taking green smoothies. It aids the body to get rid of harmful toxins, providing a wealth of vitamins, minerals and several phytonutrients.
The green smoothie contains green vegetables that help in the removal of heavy metals like those found in pesticides and industrial pollutants. You need to start your day with a green smoothie to boost metabolism and provide energy.
You can follow the steps below to prepare your green smoothie.
- Put one cup of coarsely chopped kale, one green apply that too coarsely chopped, one ripe banana and one and half cup of fresh parsley leaves in the blender.
- 2 and half cups of water is what you should use to blend the ingredients.
- One cup of this smoothie is all you need to start drinking. For at least 3 weeks, you can gradually increase the dose to 3-4 cups a day.
Green tea is also an effective natural drink that can help detoxify your body naturally at home. Green tea is rich in antioxidants and this makes it helpful for detoxifying free radicals. It contains EGCG or Epigallocatechin-3-gallate, a potent antioxidant that may aid in protecting the liver from toxic damage.
You need to drink at least two cups of green tea a day. The green tea extract can be taken for 100 to 750 grams per day.
One more drink to take for detoxifying your body naturally at home is raw fruit and vegetable juices. You can take apples, grapefruits, oranges, carrots, spinach, cucumbers, blueberries, beets, lettuce etc to make the raw juices and drink on a daily basis so as to benefit your body by nourishing it and by removing harmful toxins.
These juices are helpful in removing toxins from the body because of the presence of Chlorophyll pigment which is important in removing cancer-related toxins. Fresh juices provide a boost to the immune system of the body, as they are loaded with vitamins and minerals.
You can take a glass of fruit and vegetable juice a few times in a day. If you want to get the most out of your prepared juice, drink it slowly and not quickly.
It’s well known that turmeric has healing and therapeutic properties. It is good for lung and colon health, as well as helping to cleanse the blood, and it is also good for our liver. The anti-Inflammatory and anti-cancerous properties of turmeric are not the only things it has.
You can use the following ways to cleanse your body naturally.
- Add a teaspoon of turmeric powder, juice taken from one lemon, a pinch of cayenne pepper and a little amount of honey to one cup of warm water and drink it two times in a day for couple of weeks
- You can also boil 2 cups of water, add one-half teaspoon of turmeric powder and one-half teaspoon of dry ginger powder and let it simmer for about 10 minutes. Strain the tea and add juice from half a lemon and add one tablespoon of pure maple syrup. Drink this twice on a regular basis for few weeks.
Dandelion Root to Detox Your Body Naturally:
Dandelion root tea is known to be good for the body because of its anti-aging and anti-aging properties. It also helps in the removal of urine from the body, and it also helps in the relief of a number of problems, like upset stomach and water retention.
- The dried dandelion root should be boiled in a cup of water.
- Allow the container to steep for at least 10 minutes after the heat is turned off.
- For a few days or weeks, drink this tea two times a day.
You should consult with your doctor before using this herb if you have a problem with the bladder.
Lemon to Detox Your Body Naturally at Home:
One finest detoxifier is lemon juice. It also works as a powerful alkalizer. Apart from this, lemon juice also stimulates the bile production in liver and enhances mineral intake as well as mineral absorption in the body. It is also known for its antioxidant properties and rich amount of Vitamin C content which aids in enhancing the functioning of immune system of the body. Lemons, especially their peels contain d-limonene, a compound which has been found to activate enzymes in the liver that aid in removing toxic compounds.
You can use lemon at home to help your body get rid of toxins.
- For several days, drink one cup of warm water mixed with the juice of one lemon.
- You can also mix one-half cup of lemon juice, one tablespoon of honey and one tablespoon of cayenne pepper in a cup of hot water and drink it regularly for few weeks.
Licorice root is a natural remedy to cleanse your body naturally. It has a wonderful property of removing toxins from the body, but it also has a number of other enhancing properties.
You can make use of the root by following the instructions.
- You can drink the tea regularly if you prepare it.
- One and one-half cups of boiling water can be added with one and one-half cups of crushed licorice root and one and one-half cups of ground ginger. If you want to drink lemon juice, you have to strain the solution for about 10 minutes and then drink it.
Don’t take too much of the root as it can cause unwanted side effects like increasing blood pressure, sodium retention etc.
Stinging nettles to detox your body naturally at home:
One more herb that works as a great remedy to detoxify your body naturally at home is stinging nettle. It aids in detoxifying the blood. It also works as a diuretic, encourages the elimination of inflammatory wastes, and stimulates the body’s lymphatic system. Stinging nettle is also packed with potassium, iron, chlorophyll, Vitamin A, Vitamin B, Vitamin C and Vitamin D.
You can use this herb in a variety of ways.
- Put a small amount of dried nettle leaves in a cup of water.
- Allow it to steep for 10 minutes after covering it.
- For several days, drink this tea multiple times a day.
Natural Procedures to Detox Your Body at Home:
We will talk about some of the natural procedures you can take in your daily life, at least for a few days, so as to cleanse your body naturally at home.
Oil pulling is a simple and easy therapy that aids as a great natural detox for the deep tissues in the body. Due to the antimicrobial effects of the oil, this therapy also helps in fighting against problems like toothache, bad breath, several gum diseases etc.
In the early morning, you have to follow the steps in the empty stomach.
- Swish a small amount of seasame oil or sunflower oil in your mouth for about 15 to 20 minutes, until the oil becomes thinner.
- After you rinse your mouth with clean water, spit it out.
- You can see better results if you repeat this for at least 30 days.
Don’t gargle or swallow the oil, make a note of it.
One more therapy to detox your body naturally could be acupuncture. It is a part of holistic medicine that may not only help heal some of your health issues naturally but also aid you in cleansing any blockages of toxins in the body.
It is important to visit an expert and licensed acupuncturist.
The salt baths help the body get rid of toxins. It increases the magnesium level in the body, which is important for detoxifying cells. It also helps in the removal of metals from the body. Body ache and pains can be soothed by the use of oenosphere salt baths.
Follow the steps that were mentioned.
- In a bathtub filled with warm water, mix one or two cups of salt with warm water.
- For about 15 minutes, soak it in.
- You should go for this bath three times in a week.
It’s not usually recommended for people with high blood pressure or heart issues to go to the salt baths.
Lifestyle Changes and Various Other Means to Detoxify Your Body Naturally at Home:
Some of the lifestyle changes and other ways to cleanse your body at home can be found below.
Prefer Taking Organic Foods When Possible:
Prefer taking organic foods like apples, strawberries, tomatoes etc whenever possible and it is even better if you eat the fruits and vegetables with their peels. Choosing right organic foods can help you keep away from the toxins that can harm your body.
Drink More Water:
If you drink more water in a day, it will help you in ridding your body of toxins naturally at home. Water helps to flush out our system naturally and contributes to clearer skin, proper functioning of the organs and increasing the effectiveness of the circulatory, respiratory and digestive system.
Exercise and Sweat It Out:
Exercising is an essential part of a healthy lifestyle and it helps in many ways. In a good way, exercise can help you in ridding your body of toxins. The perspiration, the breathing and the movement that happen when exercising aids your body to achieve fitness as well as help in getting rid of the bad, and potentially harmful substances that might have built up over time.
Learn to Manage Stress at Your Best:
Stress only causes harm and does not do any good to your body. It is important for you to know how to deal with stress. If you can manage your stress well, you can cleanse your body at home.
Prefer Home Remedies For Illnesses, Whenever Possible:
It is true that medicines and antibiotics help in reducing illnesses and getting us healthy, however if possible in case of mild illnesses, go for natural home remedies which not only help you in fighting against the illness, but also help in detoxifying your body naturally.
Eliminate Caffeine, Tobacco, Alcohol, Processed Foods etc:
Eliminate the common sources of toxins like caffeine, alcohol, tobacco, processed foods etc; which can be an additional natural way to detoxify your body.
One of the best ways to detoxify your body naturally at home can be meditation. This is good for your mental health as well as aids you in providing exceptional benefits for the entire body.
We talked about herbs, diet, lifestyle changes and other remedies to get rid of toxins from your body. It is recommended that you consult with your doctor before using any of the remedies to cleanse yourself of harmful toxins.