Considering how vital magnesium is to the overall function and well-being of our bodies, you may be surprised to learn that most of us are deficient in it. From food grown in magnesium-depleted soil to malabsorption of nutrients from sluggish digestive health, magnesium deficiency has become common. Our magnesium drink supplement, Eliminate, contributes to healthy digestion, and provides natural stress and sleep support as well.
Magnesium contributes to over 300 chemical reactions in the body, it protects heart health, nerve function, and enzyme activity, it sustains the integrity of blood vessels, it produces and maintains energy, it helps regulate blood sugar, and it contributes to over 300 different chemical reactions. There are a variety of health problems that can be caused by magnesium deficiency.
Sleeping difficulties and insomnia.
Cardiovascular disease and hypertension are related to each other.
There are problems with the stomach.
There are muscles with pain and spasms.
panic attacks and anxiety attacks are common.
Type 2 Diabetes
Difficult concentrating and memory loss are some of the cognitive problems.
Loss of appetite
As magnesium is so crucial to good health, it makes sense to supplement, and eat a diet high in magnesium-rich foods, such as quinoa, avocados, brown rice, pumpkin seeds, and spinach.
Some greens are high in magnesium, such as salmon, kidneys beans, and chard. Eating a magnesium-rich diet and using magnesium supplements can help to improve and maintain the health of our bodies. You should be able to eat magnesium-rich foods and take a supplement with a range of 100 to 350 calories a day.
There are many benefits to fixing a magnesium deficiency, and it is good to know how a magnesium-rich nutritional plan will improve your health. There are benefits to having adequate magnesium in our diet.
1. Reduce your risk of diabetes. Magnesium plays a key role in glucose and carbohydrate metabolism. It also helps keep blood sugar levels stable and reduces insulin resistance.
2. Protect your bones. Magnesium is important for the assimilation of calcium into bone formation and protecting bone health, and plays a role in activating vitamin D in the kidneys.
3. Alleviate symptoms of premenstrual syndrome. Studies show that magnesium helps relieve the symptoms of PMS, such as breast tenderness, bloating, weight gain, and insomnia. Magnesium combined with vitamin B6 is even more powerful in relieving PMS.
4. Improve and maintain heart health. Magnesium is crucial to maintaining healthy muscle, and this includes the heart. Adequate magnesium is also associated with a reduced risk of hypertension (high blood pressure), and a reduced risk of atherosclerosis, which is a fatty build-up on the walls of arteries.
5. Relieve symptoms of depression and anxiety. Low levels of magnesium contribute to depression, and eating a magnesium-rich diet and supplementing as needed is a powerful way to regulate your mood.
6. Calm inflammation. A deficiency in magnesium contributes to chronic inflammation in the body. Inflammation is a precursor to premature aging, chronic illnesses, and obesity. Magnesium supplements have been shown to reduce the inflammatory marker CRP; in the same way that magnesium-rich foods are also anti-inflammatory.
7. Regulate your nervous system. Magnesium helps regulate neurotransmitters, which facilitate communication between the brain and nervous system.
8. Promote healthy digestion. Magnesium helps relax the muscle walls of the digestive tract and activates enzymes which help your body digest and utilize fats, proteins, and carbohydrates.
9. Heal back pain and muscle cramps. Magnesium helps heal and relax tight and spasming muscles. Leg cramps are a classic sign of magnesium deficiency, so adequate intake will help relieve these as well.
10. Essential for a healthy pregnancy. Adequate magnesium is important during pregnancy, creating strong teeth and bones for your baby. Supplementing can also help with pain tolerance to contribute to an easier delivery.
In sum, there are so many ways that magnesium helps build and maintain your health. From promoting healthy digestive function to anxiety relief, magnesium is powerful support during your 21-Day Cleanse and beyond. Our Clean-developed magnesium product, Eliminate, will also assist you during your cleanse and as needed thereafter; it contributes to healthy digestion (a key component to successful detox), and provides natural stress and sleep support as well.
Carolyn De Lorenzo is the author.
If you like this article, you might also like 7 Foods That Boost Collagen for Youthful Skin